-
September 6th, 2002, 10:45 AM
#1
Inactive Member
With respect to my post about how you guys edit your footage on PC, do any of you know the names of some decent (but not expensive!) analogue capture cards?
All the capture cards that are around the price i want to spend (?50-60) are all digital which really isnt practical for me. If i had an analogue one i could send my films off to be converted to VHS and then use my VCR to play them into the PC.
thanks
-
September 6th, 2002, 12:04 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I would also like to know which capture card you guys prefer for editing from VHS.
-
September 7th, 2002, 03:50 AM
#3
Inactive Member
The best and one of the most popular (therefore easy to find) analog capture cards was the Pinnacle Systems DC30+/pro. I see them on eBay quite often. Pinnacle produced both Mac and PC versions, and one was not interchangeable with the other, so be careful if you buy one. You can find more info on it here:
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/support/p...?ProductID=315
Another popular one was the ATI All-in-Wonder. It was also a TV card and will replace your current display adapter. ATI made both PCI and AGP versions.
Those are both good. You could spend anywhere from $50 to $200 on the DC30pro, but it will come with a full version of Premiere 5.1 and some other goodies. (Don't buy it if there's no bundle. You'll need those drivers.)
Any capture or TV card with the Brooktree chipset family will work with default Win98 drivers, by the way. Hauppage made a several excellent card base don this chipset.
My rec: the DC30+ - I owned one before I went firewire. It was a choice card. Never had any problems with it, compressed video well, and even managed to print out to video without crashing my system. The drivers work well with Premiere (which is a major concern).
-
September 11th, 2002, 01:01 PM
#4
Inactive Member
miroDC30+ was my long time used card. I loved it and made many VHS tapes with it.
SVCD disks were even made with it, but that was a little more indirect to do. The card is made specifically for making VHS tapes.
Now I use the ATA All-In-Wonder PRO 32 MB card. It has a TV tuner, AVI, MPEG-1, and MPEG-2 real time capturing capability. It does not use MJPEG like the DC30 does, but, you can get Morgan or PicVideo from VCDhelp.com so you can use the miro videos saved to disk.
SVCD making is still just as indirect to make. Real time MPEG captures just don't play well on my DVD player as do those made the long way. However, MPEG-2 movies play well on the computer.
I guess I need a big LCD screen now.
Michael
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks